Anxious, panicked and scared? How to deal with exam results stress...
Feeling stressed about results is very normal but you should also remember that stressing out yourself will not help you as the outcome cannot be changed.
Waiting for exam results can be a nerve-wracking experience – especially when you are expecting results from exams.
It is that time of the year when students like you are anxious about the phase of their lives that they are about to enter.
In their conquest to strive for a niche, students end up stressing themselves to the extent that they mess up their lives.
Well it is easy to tell students like you to remain stress free on your result day but when one thinks about the d day it freaks out even today. Feeling stressed about results is very normal but you should also remember that stressing out yourself will not help you as the outcome cannot be changed. With the submission of your answer paper your fate has already been decided.
If worrying about the exam results is freaking you out; check out these tips.
How to Identify stress symptoms
- If you are falling sick very often without any reason
- Constantly worrying about your results
- If you feel afraid when someone talks about your future
- If you detach yourself from your friends
(Source : BBC Newsbeat)
Here are a few ways to de-stress yourselves:
- Stay calm and let go: As things can’t be changed so stressing out yourselves about the situation won’t work. Therefore keep calm and let go.
- Breathe: When you hear about results and fear starts to take over, sit down and breathe deeply. Have a sip of cold water.
- Talk to yourself to relax: Talk as if you would talk to a 2 year old, in a sweet and lovable manner. “OK! Calm down…you’ll be alright.” – is one of the things you can tell yourself.
- Exercise: Take a brisk walk or jog. Consider swimming. Exercising is not only helpful for your physical health; it also can reduce stress.
- Food: While people suggest that during this period you should have healthy food, but I would suggest you to go for something tasty and interesting.
- Avoid over thinking: Try to avoid over thinking and revising the answers you have written in the examination.
- Visit good friends: Try and visit friends who will encourage you and give you good idea to strive for excellence in your future. Have fun, do some creative activity and go for outings these activities can keep your mind off the exam stress.
For the parents
- Your child is special purely because he/she is your child.
- You may have expectations from your child but realize and accept that your child is not you.
- Your child is more important than what he/she does or achieves.
- What people might think or say is less important than how your child feels.
- Think about going to a counsellor or psychologist if you feel your child is stressed or even if you don’t know how to help your child.
- Remember, your opinions are most important for your child. Your child is more likely to succeed in life if you accept him/her.
Hope these steps help you de-stress yourselves and head towards a better future.
Stop Worrying About What Can Go Wrong, And Get Excited About What Can Go Right.
[maxbutton id="95" url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKTNWQN" ]