Bananas Provide Energy
- Because of the abundance of vitamins and minerals, bananas are a great source of natural energy.
- Eating only two bananas will give you enough energy to exercise or workout for an hour and a half.
- Bananas are also ideal for eating during that midday lull when you feel tired and sluggish.
- Instead of drinking caffeine or having a sugary snack, bananas provide a level of energy that lasts longer without the dramatic crash caused by caffeine.
Bananas are good for your heart and nerves:
- Because they are rich in potassium, bananas help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain.
- This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body.
- Potassium is also helpful for reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure because of the way it promotes circulatory health.
- Bananas are high in fiber, a carbohydrate that helps regulate your digestive system. Bananas also contain pectin, which helps to improve overall digestion and prevents constipation.
- Not only that, but bananas also have an antacid effect, which helps prevent ulcers and ulcer damage in the stomach. In fact, eating bananas may even reduce your risk for stomach cancer. If you tend to have stomach troubles, then try adding bananas to your diet to see if it improves your digestion.
Bananas Can Lift Your Spirits
- Bananas have a chemical called tryptophan – the same chemical that turkey contains.
- This mood regulating substance contains a level of protein that helps the mind relax so you feel happier.
- According to Bananasaver.com, people suffering from depression often report feeling better after eating a banana.
Increase Your Brain Power with Bananas
- In addition to banana health benefits, they can also help you with your mind.
- Bananasaver.com discusses a study with 200 students who were asked to eat one banana three times a day - breakfast, recess and lunchtime – along with their normal meals.
Bananas are Rich in Iron
- For people suffering from a deficiency in iron, bananas help to give your body the iron that it needs.
- As a result, they help promote hemoglobin production so your blood can clot faster in case of a cut or serious injury.
Peels Can Be Used to Treat Warts
- The outside of the banana peel also has healing and beneficial properties for the human body.
- If you have a wart on your foot, wrapping a banana peel around your foot so that the exterior of the peel rubs against the wart will help it go away in a matter of time.
- To keep the peel in place, you can wrap tape around it for better results.
Helps a person quit cigarettes
When people try to kick a smoking habit, they often suffer from nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Medical research has proved that bananas can aid the management of nicotine withdrawal symptoms, thus decreasing the chances of a future relapse.
Read more here: