Another remarkable page in the History of Texila American University…
Texila is the Only university in the world to have signed a Curriculum licensing agreement an American Medical University for Usage of American Curriculum, American Testing and training process, Lectures from USA for conduct of Classes and management of Clinical rotation of Texila Students in USA.
Texila American University has entered into Curriculum Partnership with Ponce Health Sciences University (PHSU) in Ponce, Puerto Rico, United States of America for the Doctor of Medicine Program.
Under the partnership,
- PHSU will provide its medical school curriculum to support TAU’s program
- Students will be taught based on flipped classroom model in which short video lectures are viewed at home prior to class sessions, while in-class time is devoted to exercises, projects, or discussions that makes the class more engaging and interactive
- Students will follow the curriculum that adequately prepare them with a pioneering education model that adheres to USA standards
Founded in 1977, PHSU has graduated more than 1,000 health and medical professionals. Along with its MD program, PHSU offers a number of other medical education programs, including
- PhD degrees in Biomedical Sciences & Clinical Psychology;
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS)
- DrPH in Epidemiology
The university is also the home of Ponce Research Institute, an internationally recognized facility that performs research in the areas of cancer, child and adolescent anxiety disorders, infectious disease, virology and immunology.
Admissions are open for the Doctor of Medicine program in Texila Campus in Guyana with the options of doing the last 2 years of Clinical Training in USA-affiliated Hospitals.