Some amazing facts about your eyes!
- Your eyes are composed of more than 2 million working parts
- The average person blinks 12 times per minute – about 10,000 blinks in an average day
- Your eyes can process 36,000 bits of information every hour.
- Only 1/6th of your eyeball is exposed to the outside world
- The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job that they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.
- Your eyelids and the external muscles of your eyes need rest, the lubrication of your eyes requires replenishment, but your eyes themselves never need rest.
- Your eyelashes have an average life span of 5 months.
- The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
- The eye of a human can distinguish 500 shades of the gray.
- People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen than from paper.
- The reason why your nose gets runny when you are crying is because the tears from the eyes drain into the nose.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Your eye will focus on about 50 things per second.
- Your retina contains 120 million rods for “night vision”, and 8 million cones that are color sensitive and work best under daylight conditions.
- Your Eyes contribute towards 85% of your total knowledge.
- About half of our brain is involved in the seeing process. Humans are very much visual animals.
- Under the right conditions, the human eye can see the light of a candle at a distance of 14 miles.
Even jewels are valuable but eyes are always invaluable.