Public health has tremendous opportunities and the degree holders are increasing year by year. Earning a public health degree can be the first step in securing a spot in this growing industry and landing the job — and salary — you’ll love.
With a degree in Public Health, you can make an impact in your community and career.
Here’s a look at the top ten highest paying positions within the field of public health
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- Natural Sciences Manager
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Health Service Administrator
- Biomedical Engineer
- Health Care Consultant
- Nonprofit Coordinator
- Occupational Health Specialist
Infectious Disease Specialist
- Professionals within this field research the causes of disease and actions that can be taken to prevent further outbreaks.
- The median salary in this field is more than $199,301 per year.
Natural sciences manager
- These highly trained professionals work in a variety of scientific roles in public health related to research and development.
- The median salary is $115,730 per year.
- Epidemiologists study and analyze disease patterns to prevent and mitigate public health crises.
- As a result, their role in educating people about safe health practices is vital.
- The average salary of an epidemiologist is $89,370 per year.
Medical and Health Services Manager
- These professionals plan, coordinate and direct services in medicine and health care.
- They may manage an entire health care facility or specialize in one area, such as a public health clinic or facility.
- The median pay for this position was $88,580 per year.
Health Service Administrator
- This career path combines politics, business, and science to efficiently manage and deploy human and fiscal resources to deliver the most effective public health services.
- Individuals may work in both administration and resource development, specializing in organization, planning, policy analysis, finance, and marketing.
- The average median salary is also $88,580 per year.
- Also known as microbiologists, these individuals work on lab testing and scientific techniques that involve tissue samples and fluids to assist doctors in getting more effective diagnoses for different diseases.
- The median salary for biomedical scientists is $86,960 per year.
- These professionals apply statistics to public health concerns, particularly in the field of biology.
- They conduct experiments and surveys to collect key data that is relevant to maintaining public health, especially in at-risk communities.
- The median salary in 2012 was $75,560.
Health Care Consultant
- Health care consultants try to boost the life quality and the health of people in the U.S. and across the globe.
- They work on some of the most challenging public health problems.
- Common employers are government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control.
- The median salary is about $71,273 per year.
- Nonprofit coordinators spearhead various initiatives for public health organizations.
- They might lead a campaign to help people in needy communities to stay healthy, or help the nonprofit to raise money for various causes related to public health.
- The yearly median salary is $69,490.
Occupational Health Specialist
- In this field, individuals work to prevent injury and illness to workers, property, the environment and also the public.
- They promote occupational health and safety in an organization by advising management on how to boost or maintain worker productivity while also protecting their health and well-being.
- The average median salary for individuals in this role is also $66,790 per year.
While the salaries for public health professionals are attractive, professionals entering this field and set their career better. With Distance learning and blended programs (DBLP) in public health from Texila American University, you’ll get both the skills and knowledge to help position yourself for one of these rewarding career opportunities.
Currently, we have thousands of students who are completed their degree in public health and placed in top companies like:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Africa CUAMM Italian NGO
- Ministry of Health, Lesotho
- Ministry of Health Botswana
- Tanzania Food & Drugs Authority (TFDA)
- Aids Healthcare Foundation
- International Organization for Migration
- Federal Ministry of Health
- County Government of Mombasa County
- Edo State Ministry of Health
Texila American University offers a wide range of Public Health specializations in Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D in Distance & Blended Learning mode. The unique program delivery model allows you to learn and earn your degree at your convenience without compromising on your professional and personal lives.
Join with us!! If any queries enter your details by clicking this link. Our expert advisor contacts you as soon as possible to give you the right solution for a bright career.