We respect your privacy and we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We value the trust that you place in us by providing to us your personal data and we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from misuse and keeping it secured by complying with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, as amended from time to time.
Collection of your Personal Data
Texila American University (www.tauedu.org) collects the information you voluntarily provide when you use one of our sites.
The information we collect depends on how you use our Sites, but, in many cases, it will identify you personally. For example, if you submit an application, we collect the information you provide as part of the online application process.
Likewise, we collect the information you provide when you request information, create an account, or contact us with questions or comments.
Purpose of Collection
We use the personal data and contact information collected from you for the following purposes:
- To follow up with you after you have expressed an interest in our programs
- To improve our programs and services
- To handle and respond to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints
- To better understand the needs and interests of learners, alumni, and other constituencies we serve
- Any other purposes directly related to the above
Use of Data
We intend to use your personal data for our own marketing activities from time to time, including:
- Marketing our products and services, activities, contests, promotional offers (benefits and privileges)
- Special events and any other information which we think may be of relevance, and special events of our business partners or third-party service providers;
- Conducting researches and evaluation
- Such Marketing Activities may be provided to you in various methods in accordance with the personal data you provide to us, including advertisement, Postal Mail, Telephone Call, Recorded Voice Call, Email, Text, WhatsApp or Messages on your wireless or mobile device.
Transfer of Personal Data
We may share Personal Information collected through our Sites within our companies and third-party service providers as necessary on a need-to-know basis to fulfil any of the Purposes. These third parties are required by contract to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to disable cookies on your computer by changing your browser’s settings. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our website.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- We take measures to prevent leakage of personal information in our website since we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse and unauthorized disclosure. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers.
Third Party Links
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.