1. If a fruit seems to be too sweet, then take a hand of nuts (80% fruit and 20%nuts).
2. Do not eat proteins and starches together because stomach requires an acid base to digest proteins and an alkaline base to digest starches.
3. Melon is the only fruit which digests so quickly by the time it reaches the stomach. It should not be taken with any sweet/sub-acid/acid fruits.
4. Mixing of acid and sub-acid foods shouldn’t be done because it creates digestive problems. Acid fruits, such as grapefruits, pineapple, and strawberries, can be mixed with sub-acid fruits, such as apples, grapes, and peaches, but neither of these categories can be mixed with sweet fruits, such as bananas, dates, or raisins.
5. Take only 4 to 6 fruits/vegetable at one meal.
6. Fats and Oil combines with everything but except fruits. Thus, it should be taken in limited amounts because they create digestive disorders.
7. Two concentrated proteins of different character and composition (such as nuts and cheese) should not be combined.
8. It is best not to combine fruits with vegetables (especially cooked vegetables), proteins or starches because if such a combination of food is eaten, the digestion of the fruit will be delayed and subject to fermentation. Lettuce and celery, however, may be combined with any fruit except melon, and will cause no problem.
9. Take some legumes while eating protein and starch during the same meals.
10. While eating nuts, take some acid fruit with them.
11. If you are eating dairy products in regular, make sure to eat an acid fruit.
12. Eat an apple in the early morning if you are overloaded on Pasta on the previous day.
13. If you have eaten too much Protein, eat papaya the next morning.
14. If you have eaten too much sugar, then eat grapes in the next morning.
15. If you have eaten too spicy and salty food, then eat watermelon in the next morning.
16. Since the avocado is low in protein, it may also be used with potatoes or other starch foods.